Wednesday, 9 November 2011

COLLECTIVE SOUL - SMASHING YOUNG MAN/SHE DOES

Collective Soul is an American rock band originally formed in Stockbridge, Georgia.[1] Collective Soul broke into mainstream popularity with its first hit single, "Shine", which came from their debut album Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid, released in 1993. They have recorded seven Number One mainstream rock hits.[2] Collective Soul was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame on September 19, 2009. This is my FAVORITE band of all time. I mean that, hands down I will never stop listening to them and I have been doing so since I was a kid. I have included two songs in this post just to show the contrast of how their music has changed, or 'evolved'. The first song entitled "Smashing Young Man" is from their self titled album released in 1995; the guitar solo at 2:30 is absolutely fantastic, gives me chills every time  I hear it..and I have heard it 100's of times! The second song is titled "She Does" which is from the album "Rabbit" released in 2009, their most recent release (that I'm aware of at least!) It does carry special meaning behind it, and there is once specific person who "She" is. Have a listen and enjoy!

 

 

04_-_Collective_Soul_-_Smashing_Young_Man.mp3 Listen on Posterous
08-collective_soul-she_does.mp3 Listen on Posterous
http://myspace.com/collectivesoul

http://collectivesoul.com

Permalink | Leave a comment  »

Source: http://music.johnnywaffles.net/2010/09/06/collective-soul-smashing-young-manshe-does

movies calgary movies edmonton movies on line movies 2009 movies toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment